Materials Management/Inventory Management
- Ensures minimized ordering costs while also managing inventory levels.
- Collaborates with Purchasing, Vendors and Master Schedulers to minimize slow moving, expired and obsolete product.
- Thorough analysis of MRP results on a weekly basis.
- Supports protected resource material ordering to minimize downtime.
- Plans and drives strategic inventory decisions related to material changes (regulatory/change management)
- Identifies materials for destruction on a monthly basis.
- Working with Accounts Payable to resolve any direct material payment issue.
- Develop and maintain supply outlook reviews to ensure inventory availability, requirements, highlighting shortages and developing a resolution action plan.
- Participate in launch team meetings to ensure material coverage.
- Partners with purchasing team to manage inventory levels and sourcing needs.
Exception Message Management and Material Requisitioning
- Manages purchased item exception messages
- Owns WH/QC and Vendor expedite process as needed
- Owns QC retest process for purchased items
Material Planning Project Management
- Lead cross functional teams to improve processes to meet business goals.
Purchased Item Master Data Management
- Manage planning parameters for coverage based on inventory availability, supplier performance, quality history, market share, etc.
- Accountable for purchased item forecasts to suppliers.
- Participate in New Business Opportunity process to ensure ability to supply materials.
- Work with Buyer/Planner to ensure supplier deliveries support the plan.
Other duties as assigned.