West-Ward Pharmaceuticals is currently seeking talented College Summer Interns for our Columbus, Ohio facility. As an Intern you will establish and maintain meaningful projects in a working environment that will enhance your marketability as well as provide value to the organization through continued networking. You will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers.
The Equipment Validation intern will focus on the following activities:
• Update VSI database with previously qualified systems (requires entering system info and identification of last qualification date)
• Project Assistance (document reviews, test case generation, and execution support)
• Change control support (assist engineers with minor change controls by generating test cases and supporting execution).
• Document processing support (scanning/Veeva Vault entry/TrackWise linking/Iron Mountain archiving)
• On the Computer Validation will be focus on the following activities, Excel Spreadsheet Validation:
• Update SOP with new process (efficient periodic reassessment)
• Create a re-assessment document to qualify as periodic review
• Evaluate use of audit trails in Excel spreadsheets
• Update VSI and perform re-assessment on all existing / overdue
• Validated spreadsheets
Proficient in Microsoft applications; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Ability to generate reports and analyze data. Preference will be given to students who are incoming juniors or seniors with a cumulative GPA above 3.0 pursuing a BS/BA in an engineering (Chemical, Materials, Mechanical, or Industrial) discipline with an interest in modern continuous improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.).